Ko te kaupapa o te whakahaere he tiaki i tō tātau taiao ātaahua mā te whakahaere toitū i ā tātau rawa.
As an organisation, our purpose is to safeguard our beautiful environment through the sustainable management of our resources.
Goal 1: Reduce Carbon Footprint
1. Implement carbon footprint reduction plan to reduce our operational carbon footprint in line with our commitments.
2. Work with our team members to help them reduce their personal carbon footprints.
Quarter 1 Update
- Results for Q1 show Waste Management is 11% below the operational intensity revenue target required for 2021, and 20% lower against our baseline year of 2017.
- Staff carbon footprinting programme due to run for a month in the middle of the year.
Goal 2: Expand Sustainable Commitment
- Implement activities to encourage suppliers to reduce their carbon footprint.
- Develop & implement code of conduct & performance management framework for suppliers that explicitly includes sustainability criteria and outcomes.
- Develop and implement regular communication and engagement with our suppliers regarding sustainable procurement.
Quarter 1 Update
- Initial discussion underway on how best to run an event during 2021.
- WM Supplier Terms updated to include Performance Management Framework that assists immediate relationship manager to validate KPI structure.
- Investigating sending a copy of the Supplier Code of Conduct to all suppliers.
Goal 3: Increase Regenerative Planting
Expand support for community programmes that deliver regeneration in areas where we operate.
Quarter 4 Update
Reviewing potential projects in Gisborne and Waikato to undertake riparian planting and wetland restoration work.