Our new Auckland headquarters has been nominated for three 2020 Property Industry Awards.
The awards celebrate excellence in design and innovation, and this year we are proud to be up for:
· RCP Commercial Office Property Award
· Resene Green Building Property Award
· CBRE Industrial Property Award
318 East Tamaki Road was created as a base for 400 of our Auckland-based staff and enabled the amalgamation of several of our facilities across the city.
The site includes office space for the Corporate and UNI Division Head Office teams, as well as the Auckland Commercial and Residential teams. It also has large hangar-like truck workshops that incorporate an EV innovation hub to convert our fleet to electric, and a truck wash. Sitting between the office and workshops is a hub building with full amenities and a commercial kitchen for all staff.
Sustainability has been a big driver of the project, with the new buildings and facilities designed to achieve a Green Star 5+ rating, which indicates New Zealand excellence.
Some of the sites sustainability features include:
· 150,000L of rainwater storage tanks
· The materiality of the building includes many recycled products
· Special provision for electric vehicles
· Stormwater is put through a storm 360 device to reduce contaminants exiting the site
· All fixtures have been chosen to reduce water use.
Our team, who moved in at the end of 2019 after a 13-month build, have shared overwhelmingly positive feedback about their new workspace.
A huge thank you to our fantastic partners: developers and landlords Stride Property Group; building contractors Haydn & Rollett; project managers RDT Pacific; consultants Cosgroves; architects Jasmax and Eclipse.
The 2020 Property Industry Awards ceremony will be held on Friday 25 September. More information about the awards can be found here.